What to do with the last bit of sour cream? I opted for a creamy salad dressing. Lots of tanginess from the cider vinegar and sour cream, balanced by the creaminess of the base, sweetness from brown sugar, and a spicy note from the mustard.
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Dash of salt
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl or shaker. (Go easy on the salt - you can always add a little more salt, but it's hard to make food less salty.)
- Whisk or shake until well mixed.
- Taste and add a little more salt if desired.
- Dress your salad or simply dip veggies and enjoy!
- I make up recipes like this all the time by comparing a few similar recipes, taking the ideas that appeal to me most, and then combining them in the quantities I need. The ability to quickly and accurately scale recipes up or down by a factor of 2, 3, or 4 is essential, so I've made a downloadable, printable conversions cheat sheet for you. Sign up below to access the PDF!